A quick overview to building your custom log home.
- Our Site Visit: ($400) Where do you want to build? We can do this before or after you purchase your property. Don’t get stuck buying a lot that would be difficult to build on. Additionally, after our site visit, you will gain a wealth of information from our experienced log home builders. We can help you answer questions like: Where will I get water? What is the best position of the house? What are the setbacks on my lot?, etc. A wide variety of critical “log home” questions will be answered by us during our “discovery”.
- The Floor Plan: Once you choose the size of the custom log home you want with your budget, we can design a dream home that surpass all of your expectations. Learn about log cabin floor plans here.
- Log Home Financing: We work with several local banks to get the construction of your home underway, sooner than you’d expect.
- Excavation: Footer, stem wall, frost trench or slab? These and other questions will be answered with our seasoned and experienced staff. We often contribute to “value engineering” our products, saving our clients thousands of dollars.
- Foundation / Concrete: Once we put in the forms, pour the concrete and backfill, we’re ready for framing work to begin on your new, custom log home.
- Ordering the Log Package: Now, with a full set of plans in place, we build the “Log Package” off site. We will then accommodate all of the design elements to make your dream a reality. We can typically set an entire log home in about 1 – 3 days!
- Building: After the details, planning and all the logs are set, now you’re ready for the next step – finishing up your custom, log home. We have options:
For clients who want to finish their new home themselves, we also offer a convenient and affordable “Dry-In” Service which makes your home weather tight. This service includes initial excavation, foundation, lower level framing, exterior windows and doors, exterior finish and roof with ice and water shield applied.
Turn Key Construction
This is our complete “hands-free” process. As you can imagine, building a log home has a steep learning curve, and this choice will ensure that you have a pleasant building experience that will make your life simpler.
For our builder-clients that typically just purchase our “log packages”, our prices always include the log set on your foundation by our highly experienced, in-house crew. Each log will add individuality to your log home package and kit.